I have bought Google phone ‘Nexus one’ for 10 days. Obviously no one will doubt its excellent web searching ability derived from Google and lightning-fast process on the android 2.1 platform. Another attraction is its 3.7 inch widescreen and 4GB micro SD Card(Expandable to 32GB ), this is good for watching videos on nexus one. Thought trial and error, I’v been pretty good at converting video like home videos, YouTube, google, yahoo, stream, limewire video even movie DVDs to nexus one…
Knowledge lies on sharing. Via this article, I will share you guys some free or shareware nexus one video converters, detailed process of converting video to nexus one and lots of free video resources for nexus one.
First, let’s see Graphics, video and audio of Google Nexus One
Image: JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP
Video: H.263, MPEG-4 SP, H.264 AVC
Audio encoders: AMR-NB
Audio decoders: AAC LC/LTP, HE-AACv1 (AAC+), HE-AACv2 (enhanced AAC+), AMR-NB, AMR-WB9, MP3, MIDI SMF, Ogg Vorbis, WAVE (8-bit and 16bit PCM)
Next, Convert video to Nexus one with Nexus one video converter(free/shareware)
Free nexus one video converter: Zamzar
1. Go to http://zamzar.com
2. Click on the to add video files from local disk or paste in the link to the YouTube video (it will also convert some other streaming video files, but not all – just try to see if it will convert the one you need)
3. Choose the output format MP4 compatible with nexus one;
4. Enter your email <school e-mail has less capacity than google or Yahoo accounts and may ‘strip’ the attachment>
5. Click convert
The file will be converted and a link will be sent to your email (usually within 1 or 2 hours). You will then click on the link and be able to download video files to nexus one for watching.
Shareware nexus one video converter: Daniusoft video converter
The reason for introducing this shareware video to nexus one converter just is that Zamzar has many irksome restrictions.
1. You don’t have priority file conversion, converting files with maximum size of 100 mb, up to 5 conversion at the time and you don’t have any online storage.
2. You cant set the video resolution, bit rate, encode etc. for output .
3. You cant edit your video like cropping/trimming/merging video clips to customize your video.
However, all these restrictions are not exist for Daniusoft video converter. It even is already optimized for output setting for android phone…
Step 1. Free download Daniusoft Best video Converter which is a powerful nexus one video converter, then install and luanch it, the default settings fit well with your Windows XP/Vista, or Windows 7, no need to make anymore configeration.
Step 2. When come to the main interface, import the HD-video files (like .M2TS .MKV .TP .MOD/.Tod etc.) or any kind regular files like .avi, .mov, .mpg, .wmv, .flv etc to the conversion window.
Since Nexus One plays MP4 best with 800×480 resolution, H.264 codec, 2000kbps, AAC 48KHz 256Kbps, you can find all the parametres needed on ‘Settings’ board, like Bit Rate, Resolution, Aspect Ratio, and Frame Rate as well.
Step 3. When finish the preceding 2 steps, back to the main window, click the lower-right ‘Start’ button, when conversion done, you can transfer your video files to Google Nexus One by manual copying.
• (1). Connect Google Nexus One to computer via USB cable
• (2). ‘My Computer’ -> Removable Disk icon -> Click to access the Memory SD Card
• (3). Drag and drop the converted files into the right folder of the Memory Card
The task is at last accomplished. Then you can watch your favorite videos with Google Nexus One on the go!
Finally, Free video resources for Google nexus one
People always complain about lack of free video resources. Besides downloading from YouTube, google, yahoo, stream, limewire etc, Here are a few sites where you can download free movies; they are all free, all legal, and feature hundreds of high-quality movie clips and full-length movies.